Our Goal:

OUR GOAL: Visit fifty states within the next two years. (edited: We missed our two year deadline but still hope to visit all 50 states)

The Rules: States we visit or where we have already visited as a family (three or more members) count. States visited by only one or two family members (such as a business trip) don't count.

Layovers and stopovers don't count. We have to actually either drive though a state or do some activity, outside of the airport, in that state.



Sunday, September 2, 2012

Nashville, TN - Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream

OMG, this was the best ice cream in the entire world!  I cannot get it off my mind and am trying to figure out when I can fly back (or to their Ohio location) to get some more.

After leaving Jack's, we headed to Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream on the recommendation of an online friend. 

The store we went through was in a  neighborhood that looked like one of those yuppie, revitalized, cool neighborhoods where things are just close enough together that you could walk to most places, but not quite in the city.  Parking was a nightmare though so I guess not everyone walks there. 

We had quite a line so I too the opportunity to introduce myself the customer in front of us and ask what flavors were the favorite.  She told me that we had come at the right time because soon the line would be out the door and start to wrap around the building.

She had several favorite flavors and told me to ask for samples as they staff was very patient.  I took her advice asd sampled quite a few.

I tried the Bangkok Peanut, Bramble berry crisp, Queen City Cayenne, Salty Caramel, Buckeye State, Milkiest Chocolate In The World and, Goat Cheese with Red Cherries,

Lil' Bit ended up getting three half scoops of The Milkiest Chocolate in the World.  Big Boy went for two scoop of the Milkiest Chocolate and one scoop of Roasted Strawberry Buttermilk and I went for a trio of Bangkok Peanut, Salty caramel and Buckeye State.  And it was, without a doubt, the most incredible, amazing, awesome ice cream I have ever tried.  I am not kidding when I state that I am palling a trip to Ohio son just because that is the home of Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream.






 
Now, if you check out the website, you will find that they do have a mail order service. For $12 a quart (depending on flavor) and a four quart minimum, and a $15 shipping fee, you can have Jeni's Ice Cream delivered to your home for.... $63 a gallon!

I know I said the ice cream was goo but nothing is that good. I can fly to Nashville (or Ohio) again and pick up some myself for less money.

No comments:

Post a Comment