Our Goal:

OUR GOAL: Visit fifty states within the next two years. (edited: We missed our two year deadline but still hope to visit all 50 states)

The Rules: States we visit or where we have already visited as a family (three or more members) count. States visited by only one or two family members (such as a business trip) don't count.

Layovers and stopovers don't count. We have to actually either drive though a state or do some activity, outside of the airport, in that state.



Thursday, September 13, 2012

Birmingham, AL - expense report and final thoughts

We went over our $85 budget on this trip.  I don't fault us for going over as much as I fault myself for having too low of a budget.  I keep underestimating the food budget and,m in this trip, I greatly underestimated the gas budget because I thought our destination was 11 miles from the airport.  I ended up getting lost and adding about $100 miles to our trip.  I had not expected to spend that $10 on gas.

 Amount  Category Note
 $       21.80 Transport Car rental
 $       10.50 Transport gas
 $       38.00 Entertainment McWayne center plus parking
 $         7.89 Food sodas with lunch
 $       25.34 Food pizza hut dinner
 $         8.00 Transport parking
 $     111.53 Total  
$85 original budget
 $        111.53 actual expenses
 $         30.53 overage


We did not see enough of Birmingham to really get a good feel for the city.  My Internet research failed to come up with as many activities as other cities we have been to.  I have to thank my RQ friends CSB, Springmama, Elomamma, Eilieen, Junebugmama and Kelm for the helpful suggestions.

Would we go back?  Maybe after we have finished our fifty states... or maybe sooner that we think.  While I didn't find that much to do, I did discover that there is a Greek festival September 27.  Who knows, maybe if we have nothing else to do that weekend we will check it out (we are Greek BTW)

No comments:

Post a Comment