Our Goal:

OUR GOAL: Visit fifty states within the next two years. (edited: We missed our two year deadline but still hope to visit all 50 states)

The Rules: States we visit or where we have already visited as a family (three or more members) count. States visited by only one or two family members (such as a business trip) don't count.

Layovers and stopovers don't count. We have to actually either drive though a state or do some activity, outside of the airport, in that state.



Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Nashville, TN - lunch

By the time we left the arboretum, we were hungry. And when we get hungry, we get cranky. So, we pulled out of the arboretum and pulled into the very first place we saw.


A Krystal Burger joint. Oh boy, I don't think have ever seen service like this. There was one person working  the front of the store and she just about ignored us. I mean, ignored us so much that I started to wonder f the video screen in front of us was some sort of tough screen self order like at Royal Farms. So, there I was tapping on the monitor like a crazy woman when we finally got acknowledged. She took our order for double bacon cheeseburgers and drinks. She took our payment and we went to the table to wait for our food. It took forever. I started to realize why we were just about the only ones there at lunch time. All the locals must know better.

Our food finally came and halfway through out sandwiches, Big Boy pointed out that our doubles were singles. I checked my receipt and sure enough, we had paid for doubles. I went back to the counter to point this out but soon realized that I would see service y Tuesday. And anyway, by then, Big Boy had eaten his share of my proof that we had been ripped off. I let it go.

Word to the wise... drive a little farther next time and skip Krystal Burgers









1 comment:

  1. Oh, Maria, I can't believe you ate at Krystals LOL! Yeah, they are not good. Sorry you had that experience in Nashville. It used to be a great burger joint years ago, but now it is a chain and not a good one at that. Reading about your adventures from RQ! (hopingfor08)

    ReplyDelete