Our Goal:

OUR GOAL: Visit fifty states within the next two years. (edited: We missed our two year deadline but still hope to visit all 50 states)

The Rules: States we visit or where we have already visited as a family (three or more members) count. States visited by only one or two family members (such as a business trip) don't count.

Layovers and stopovers don't count. We have to actually either drive though a state or do some activity, outside of the airport, in that state.



Wednesday, August 8, 2012

I'm Broke but...

I just could not stand the thought of lugging around by Cannon Rebel SLR camera all over Chicago this upcoming Saturday with no where to leave it.  So, even though I have a trip to fund and even though I need to set aside some money to pay the sitter for this week and next (don't get paid until after that), I broke down and replaced my much missed pocket camera. 

I do love my Cannon Rebel but it is best in situations where I can leave it in the car, house or hotel room for part of the day.  It takes great pictures but can get quite heavy and is far, far too valuable to leave unattended on the stroller. 


So the Chicago trip will be on super, super tight budget.  I am planning on $18 for transportation; $36 for the Children's Museum; $50 or less on meals and miscellaneous.

We usually bring both breakfast and lunch but I am determined to try a famous Chicago deep dish pizza while in town.  I have been told that we should go to Pizzaria Due.  We also would like to visit the Billy Goat Tavern which was made famous in a Saturday Night Live Skit.

Other than that, we would like to see the Navy Pier and Wriggly Field but a tour of inside the stadium is not in my budget ($25 per person)

No comments:

Post a Comment