Our Goal:

OUR GOAL: Visit fifty states within the next two years. (edited: We missed our two year deadline but still hope to visit all 50 states)

The Rules: States we visit or where we have already visited as a family (three or more members) count. States visited by only one or two family members (such as a business trip) don't count.

Layovers and stopovers don't count. We have to actually either drive though a state or do some activity, outside of the airport, in that state.



Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Nashville, TN - Antique Archeology


Big Boy, my husband and I are big fans of the show American Pickers and we knew that in addition to the original store in Iowa, they had opened up a store in Nashville, TN. we headed there after lunch.

We found the store to be a little bit touristy- selling T-Shirts, shot glasses, hats, coffee cups and picker gloved, all emblazoned with the Antique Archeology logo. We also found the prices of these items to be a bit high. T-shirts ran about $25 and shot glasses $7.

But, it was really cool to be in the store and see a lot of real "picks". It had the feel of a combination museum, tourist trap and antique shop all at once.

I don't blame them for cashing in on the tourist traffic. After all, the tourists wade in all day long and most likely do not actually buy the high priced antiques. I have no problem with the store taking advantage of the opportunity to sell to the tourists. I do feel that they are priced too high, though and I have to admit that I resented that part a little bit. I would have loved to spend my money there and buy a shirt for my son and maybe husband but not for $25.


Found Big Boy's future coveralls








 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment