Our Goal:

OUR GOAL: Visit fifty states within the next two years. (edited: We missed our two year deadline but still hope to visit all 50 states)

The Rules: States we visit or where we have already visited as a family (three or more members) count. States visited by only one or two family members (such as a business trip) don't count.

Layovers and stopovers don't count. We have to actually either drive though a state or do some activity, outside of the airport, in that state.



Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Packing and running around

We are throwing together our overnight bags for our trip to Niagara Falls in the morning.  There had been a later in the morning direct flight that I had hoped to take.  I am tired of getting up at 4:00 AM to travel and then being tired all day.  But it looks like that flight has booked up a little bit more than our comfort zone so we are headed out on the 7:00 AM flight.  This means a 4:00 AM alarm for me again, out of the house by 5 and an hour drive to the airport.

The good news is that last time I checked, the plane was almost empty.  We will have no problems getting on.  Coming back on Friday, I booked a late flight and we won't be home until after 9:00 PM but that gives us a second full day in the area.

Big Boy said that he wanted to have a friend over on Saturday so I called the parents and made the invite.  I then asked if they would be OK if I took him out for ice cream...in Columbus, OH.  Yes, I still have Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream on the brain.  I found a late morning flight that puts us there at 11:30 AM.  We would have to get back to the airport by about 1:00 for our 2:00 PM flight home.  So, I am really not kidding when I say we are going just for ice cream.  That will literally be all we have time to do.

The father thinks this is a super cool idea but has to run it by the mother.  I am waiting for a yes or no from them.

We won't be taking a computer so the blog will have to wait until we get back.  Stay tuned.

1 comment: