Our Goal:

OUR GOAL: Visit fifty states within the next two years. (edited: We missed our two year deadline but still hope to visit all 50 states)

The Rules: States we visit or where we have already visited as a family (three or more members) count. States visited by only one or two family members (such as a business trip) don't count.

Layovers and stopovers don't count. We have to actually either drive though a state or do some activity, outside of the airport, in that state.



Friday, October 12, 2012

$24 in 24 hours

There is a new show on the Food Network called $24 in 24 hours where the host travels to a different city on each week and tries to eat on very strict budget.  I have a sneaky suspicion that the producers over at the Food Network caught a glimpse of my blog and are trying to imitate me.  Who's with me on this?

OK, there are slight differences between my life and the show.  for instance, the host is traveling alone, I am traveling with two ravenous and sometimes picky kids.  The host has $24 to spend in a day. I have been known to spend less... for three of us.  But the biggest difference is that he has a whole production crew doing research, making calls to restaurants, planning ahead so that he can pull this off.  I do it alone, no help, and instead of pre-planning, we are usually flying by the seats of our pants.

Maybe they should have offered me a show.

No comments:

Post a Comment