Our Goal:

OUR GOAL: Visit fifty states within the next two years. (edited: We missed our two year deadline but still hope to visit all 50 states)

The Rules: States we visit or where we have already visited as a family (three or more members) count. States visited by only one or two family members (such as a business trip) don't count.

Layovers and stopovers don't count. We have to actually either drive though a state or do some activity, outside of the airport, in that state.



Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Columbus, OH - budget report

Let me give my disclaimer first.  Big Boy has a debit card.  He has one because I was always forgetting to pay his allowance and he was always forgetting to bring his money so money started to become this magical thing with no real meaning.  So, I began depositing his allowance automatically into a checking account for him and he has a debit card attache tot hat account.  I hold the card, of course and have final veto over his purchases.

That said, since he had a friend with him, I think he felt the need to show of a little bit and spend some money with his debit card.  This is why we wasted  spent almost $15 on snacks.  $15 is normally my budget for a whole day's food.  Also, since we had a guest, I splurged on McDonald's lunch instead of making the kids eat sandwiches.  In hindsight, as I mentioned before, I should have had them just order a snack since we would be filling up on ice cream later.

I did not put gas in the rental car because I drove it about 20 miles and the needle never budged.

We broke even on the ice cream since I had planned on buying about #20 worth of ice cream in the store which tthey gave us free.  I bought quarts to take home which I probably would not have done if they had not offered them half price.  So, the ice cream was a wash.

Here is where the money went:

 amount  category note
 $     14.77 food snacks for boys
 $     21.75 food McDonald's
 $       5.70 food drinks for ride home
 $     10.00 souvenir box for ice cream
 $       7.50 souvenir souvenir
 $     20.00 souvenir ice cream
 $     22.42 transportation car rental
 $       8.00 transportation airport parking
 $  110.14 total

No comments:

Post a Comment