Our Goal:

OUR GOAL: Visit fifty states within the next two years. (edited: We missed our two year deadline but still hope to visit all 50 states)

The Rules: States we visit or where we have already visited as a family (three or more members) count. States visited by only one or two family members (such as a business trip) don't count.

Layovers and stopovers don't count. We have to actually either drive though a state or do some activity, outside of the airport, in that state.



Saturday, April 12, 2014

Updating the Travel Blog

I developed writers block about halfway through my Las Vegas trip report and took a long, long break from both of my blogs.  Hopefully I will give people a reason to return. 


We are still traveling but I am afraid that life has a way of getting in the way and I fear that we will not be able to achieve our goal of 50 states in 2 years.  I am thinking about renaming the challenge "50 states by 50" in honor of my turning 50 in October. This would make it more plausible to reach the goal but doesn't really honor the kids' role in the challenge.


We are sitting at 29 states visited so far.  We took some time off from traveling for football season since Big Boy had games every weekend for a few weeks, then the holidays came around and we were too busy to travel. Then, of course, after the holidays we were too broke to travel.  Then it was too cold, then it was... yet get the picture.  We have had more reasons not to travel than to travel.


But, there is plenty of blogging to do.  Since I last wrote, we have been to the following states.


Florida (again)
Wisconsin
Rhode Island
Pennsylvania (again)
Florida (again)
Tennessee
Washington
Alaska
Connecticut
Florida (again)


So, I have a  lot to write about.


Now, part of my writer's block came from being stuck on what to say about Las Vegas.  But, a big part of my block came from how to word an important announcement.  I am going to post this now and work on the wording of my announcement.  Stay tuned - it will be posted tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment