Our Goal:

OUR GOAL: Visit fifty states within the next two years. (edited: We missed our two year deadline but still hope to visit all 50 states)

The Rules: States we visit or where we have already visited as a family (three or more members) count. States visited by only one or two family members (such as a business trip) don't count.

Layovers and stopovers don't count. We have to actually either drive though a state or do some activity, outside of the airport, in that state.



Monday, July 16, 2012

Introductions


I am Maria, the author of the blog.  I am a 47 year old retired police officer with a part time job as a District Court Bailiff.  I guess you can assume by the fact that this is a travel blog that I love to travel.  I consider myself adventurous and a few bumps in the road do not worry me.

My husband works for an airline which he won't want me to name but their planes are orange and blue.  He does like to travel but he really does not like speed bumps.  With him, it is all about the destination and the journey is something to be endured.

Big Boy is nine and he is a great traveler, not perfect but really a trooper for a nine year old boy.  He is my adventure buddy...always willing to try new experiences.

Lil' Bit is seven and she is my cooperative one.  Big Boy and I can usually talk her into anything and she is known most for her tenacity. 

We are Disney fanatics (also known as Worldphiles) and most of our trips, will in fact, be to Disney World.  It is an affordable destination for us since we have annual pass park tickets and we know how to work the Disney system (first tip: bring your own food!)

Big Boy and I came up with the idea of trying to visit fifty states in 2 years. I don't know if we will be able to do it since once the school year starts back up, we will mostly only have weekends.  Also, my part time work schedule will hamper us a little bit, even in the summer.  But the biggest roadblock will be finances.  We won't take a trip until I earn enough money at my part time job to fund the trip.  Airfare is free and the hotel and rental cars will come out of our household account but the rest of the expences will be funded by my  part time job money. We have already been to Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia,  Florida and  Texas (within the past few years) so we will count them.

I will write about our trips and any travel tips I come up with along the way.  I will share our experiences both good and bad.  Hopefully I will figure out how to be entertaining along the way.  Come along with us and root for us to achieve our goal - Fifty States in 2 years (10 down, 40 to go)

No comments:

Post a Comment